Its on! 11th edition of Borneo Jazz Fest is going to be held on Friday,May 13 and Saturday, May 14 in Park City Everly Miri.
The organiser, Sarawak Tourism Board (STB) proudly presents best of the best performers (like they did for the past 10 years) to spice up the Jazz Fest this year.
1.KLAZZ BROTHES & CUBA (Germany/ Cuba)PERCUSSION-also known as “masters of classical crossover” music fusion between classical European music and AfroCuban jazz that will hit your spot right away.
2. A.P.I (Malaysia+India)- a musical journey of Asia Master Bass Player Andy Peterson. He will perfom together with highly skilled musicians from around the globe,you must NOT miss this!
3. Funkatorie ( Malaysia) Originally known as the Organ Trio,the band was later expanded with addition of horn players and continuously diversify their musical style. One of the band members are born and bred in Miri. You just gotta come and know by yourself😉
4. Manou Gallo Grove Orchestra ( Ivory Coast/Belgium) – Bassist, guitarist, singer songwriter, what more can you get? She has released 3 albums and received prestigious MTV Africa award ad “Best performing artist of Ivory Coast annd also was in the top.10 most influential bass player by Forbes Africa magazine.
5. O Sister! (Spain)- From the golden age of Dixie & Swing, O Sister! is a tribute to the north america popular music from 1920s and 30s. It sure literally music to your ears when listening to their arrangements of music!
6. The Rad Trads (USA)- Based in NYC, they are known as most entertaining live acts. With influences ranging from early jazz to New Orleans brass band,R&B,the Chicago and delta blues and rock & roll.
7. Raw Earth ( Singapore) – consists of some Singapore’s most prominent musicians. Performed at Major festivals and also was the opening act for Bob Dylan,Paul Simon to name a few.
8. Yuichiro Tokuda Rallyzzdig ( Japan)- Received an award as the ” New Face of the year in Art & Culture ” from Chiba City Government. He performs at Japan’s most prestigious Jazz Fest and all over the world.
For anyone who is excited to go to this Jazz Fest, check out for promotional offers and discount tix at the official website at http://www.jazzborneo.com.
During the festival, you will get to enjoy variety of local & international cuisines, handmade local souvenirs that you can purchase directly.
Miri,as the host city,offers endless gateaway destinations to the visitors. You just need to ask the locals or tour agencies,places you want to visit.
TREE PLANTING CAMPAIGN
From previous years and from various events held by Sarawak Tourism Board, they will continue to support the tree planting campaign as their corporate social responsibility and a contribution to the Miri as a Green City.
From 2006 until present, the festival goers have been rapidly increasing. This shows that Miri is the perfect place where people appreciates good musics and always have positive vibes towards it.
Tickets are available online at http://www.jazzborneo.com
For any updates, follow Twitter account @SarawakTravel or Facebook Sarawak Travel.
See you there!